martes, 14 de diciembre de 2010

Diary

I do realize that I have been remiss in my blog updates. I had been wondering whether this would be like my diary. I do keep a diary. A furry tiger print little book with a padlock and key is what I like to think as a real diary. My friend Sue gave it to me as a present when she got back from France. Its not a souvenir one would expect from France but I was happy she had thought of me. That was a fair few years ago when I was still, at 18 years old, full of the possibilities of what my future would hold. It has been years but I like to think that I still have many possibilities for my future. Back then I thought I would write in my diary everyday and be able to look back at what I had written in the years to come and see how life had changed for me. Well, so far in that little tiger print book I have about 12 pages written. From age 18 to 31 I have 12 pages written. Does that say anything about my life? That I have empty pages to look back on?  Most would think so. The truth is though, I just always forgot to write in it. I have written in it once a year since I recieved it. Even with myself I am terrible to keep in touch. I do like writing. No. Not writing. I like typing. I find when I write I put such stress on the pen that my hand aches. I have started to write a book a few times. I have a very active imagination and have always wanted to shape my thoughts into a book. It is on my to do list along with a hundred other things that I would like to do.
A would like to do list I found out is not always about things that you would like to but never would do. Using my art to make a living is on that list and I am seeing with all the encouragement that has been bestowed on me that I can do it. That is what I have been doing recently. Using the time I am not out in service to paint and create. I have to finish a few paintings before I can put them together to show people. There are some works nearly complete. I was lacking inspiration so was getting a little discouraged, but then looking around my bedroom/artroom, it came to me in colours and shapes.
My bedroom is quite a colourful place. A lot of things cut out and created from other things. An anthropological world I like to think. I wish I had the resources to be able to try new things. That is one of the things lacking here in the DR. Accessibility to whatever materials you desire. The internet is a wonderful tool but the postage system is what is lacking here.  My mum tells me of the different projects she tries and it makes me somewhat jealous of her being able to do all these things. She tells me I will have to take back a suitcase full of supplies when I go visit. Until then I will make do with what is at my fingertips. 

There are many interesting things that I can blog about. My life, unlike my diary, is not full of blank pages. Living here certainly gives you plenty of material to write about. So I will make an effort to keep this going and not be shamed by my mother who keeps a more up-to-date blog than I do. What is life coming to when your own mother is on the computer more than you are.

Back to painting, while watching Smallville from the beginning.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario