viernes, 3 de diciembre de 2010

Yorkshire pudding

It is sad but true. I forgot how to add an entry into my own blog yet again. After spending a good 10 minutes trying to find on the page where I would create a new entry I finally got in. I remember thinking, 'Oh that's so simple'. This afternoon I sat down and thought about what twisted new tale I could tell and opened up my blog. Where was the New Entry tab? I racked my brains but I could not remember how I found it yesterday. I finally gave up after clicking on all the tabs I could see. Giving up is not something I like to do so I decided to tackle it later on. Another 5 mins spent looking at all the different things you could click on. Finally I am in! The question is. Will I remember tomorrow?

So Jess is leaving. Tomorrow. I made a roast dinner for our last supper. Raquel and Emma were cordially invited. I would like to say cordially as is not often that I get to cordially invite someone instead of just plain old invite. In reality though, they were just plain old invited. It is Raquel and Emma after all. Part of the furniture really. The red wine we opened apparently tasted like vinegar but I didn't really notice as I don't drink that much wine so don't really have much experience in what is a good wine. I do have two wine tastings under my belt though. Good times. After the 4th 1/6th of a glass I had to offer up my remainding wine tickets to my friends. I am a very light drinker. Also I was jet lagged as I had only just arrived in Connecticut from London.Those 2 factors don't go very well together. 

Yorkshire pudding. To complement a roast dinner, you always need a Yorkshire pudding. My Dad is from Yorkshire so I have a claim to making them. I think the Mayor would ask for his recipe back though as it was a pitiful attempt I made tonight. For some reason I had in my mind that you just put the mixture in a tin that has boiling oil 5 mins before you are going to eat the dinner. It was only as it was getting time to bring out the beautifully bronzed crackling chicken that I looked at my recipe and saw it said cooking time -40 mins. Then I remembered 'ohhhh'... its the ones that are pre-made and bought frozen that you put in the oven a few mins before everyone arrives. So what to do?  I decided to see if putting it in a saucepan with hot oil in and cook it on the stove would work. I had my reservations but I like to try anything once. When the mixture hit the spitting oil, it bubbled promisingly. Hopes were climbing, but then readily declining as it turned more into what looked like a really thick pancake. It was really heavy as well. Guess what Jess is having for breakfast tomorrow! Im sure if she smothers it in enough maple syrup that it will go down a treat. 

I have to make clear to my many (I know you are many) avid readers, that I can cook yorkshire pudding. It doesn't quite turn out as good as my mums does but I don't do too badly. 
Most times anyway.

1 comentario: